REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES
Congress of the Philippines
Third Special Session
Begun and held in Metro Manila, on Monday, the seventeenth day of July, two thousand
[REPUBLIC ACT NO. 8799]
THE SECURITIES REGULATION CODE
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the Philippines in
- Title and Definitions
of State Policy.
Sec. 3. Definition of Terms.
CHAPTER II -
Securities and Exchange Commission
Sec. 4. Administrative Agency.
Sec. 5. Powers and Functions of the Commission.
Sec. 6. Indemnification and Responsibilities of Commissioners.
Sec. 7. Reorganization.
CHAPTER III - Registration of Securities
Sec. 8. Requirement of Registration of Securities.
Sec. 9. Exempt Securities
Sec. 10. Exempt Transactions.
Sec. 11. Commodity Futures Contracts.
Sec. 12. Procedure for Registration of Securities.
Sec. 13. Rejection and Revocation of Registration of Securities.
Sec. 14. Amendments to the Registration Statement.
Sec. 15. Suspension of Registration.
CHAPTER IV - Regulation of Pre-Need Plans
Sec. 16. Pre-Need Plans.
CHAPTER V - Reportorial Requirements
17. Periodic and Other Reports of Issuers.
Sec. 18. Reports by Five per centum (5%) Holders of Equity Securities.
CHAPTER VI - Protection of Shareholder Interests
19. Tender Offers.
20. Proxy Solicitations.
Sec. 21. Fees for Tender Offers and Certain Proxy Solicitations.
Sec. 22. Internal Record Keeping and Accounting Controls
Sec. 23. Transactions of Directors, Officers and Principal Stockholders.
CHAPTER VII - Prohibitions on Fraud, Manipulation and Insider Trading
24. Manipulation of Security Prices; Devices and Practices.
Sec. 25. Regulation of Option Trading.
Sec. 26. Fraudulent Transactions.
Sec. 27. Insider’s Duty to Disclose When Trading.
CHAPTER VIII - Regulation of Securities Market
28. Registration of Brokers, Dealers, Salesmen and Associated Persons.
Sec. 29. Revocation, Refusal or Suspension of Registration of Brokers, Dealers, Salesmen and Associated Persons.
31. Development of Securities Market Professionals
CHAPTER IX - Exchanges and Other Securities Trading Markets
32. Prohibition on Use of Unregistered Exchange; Regulation of Over-the-Counter Markets.
33. Registration of Exchanges.
34. Segregation and Limitation of Functions of Members, Brokers and Dealers
35. Additional Fees of Exchanges.
Sec. 36. Powers with Respect to Exchanges and Other Trading Market.
Sec. 37. Registration of Innovative and Other Trading Markets.
Sec. 38. Independent Directors.
- Registration, Responsibilities and Oversight of Self-Regulatory Organizations
39. Associations of Securities Brokers, and Dealers, and Other Securities Related Organizations.
40. Powers with Respect to Self-Regulatory Organizations.
CHAPTER XI - Acquisition and Transfer of Securities and Settlement of Transactions in Securities
41. Prohibition on Use of Unregistered Clearing Agency.
Sec. 45. Pledging a Security or Interest Therein.
Sec. 42. Registration of Clearing Agencies.
Sec. 43. Uncertificated Securities.
Sec. 44. Evidentiary Value of Clearing Agency Record.
Sec. 46. Issuer's Responsibility for Wrongful Transfer to Registered Clearing Agency
47.Power of the Commission With Respect to Securities Ownership.
CHAPTER XII - Margin and Credit
48. Margin Requirements.
49. Restrictions on Borrowings by Members, Brokers, and Dealers.
50. Enforcement of Margin Requirements and Restrictions on Borrowing
CHAPTER XIII - General Provisions
51. Liabilities of Controlling Persons, Aider and Abettor and Other Secondary Liability.
52. Accounts and Records, Reports, Examination of Exchanges, Members, and Others.
Investigations, Injunctions and Prosecution of Offenses.
Sec. 54. Administrative Sanctions.
Sec. 55. Settlement Offers.
Sec. 56. Civil Liabilities on Account of False Registration Statement.
57. Civil Liabilities Arising in Connection With Prospectus, Communications and Reports.
58. Civil Liability For Fraud in Connection With Securities Transactions.
59 Civil Liability For Manipulation of Security Price.
Liability With Respect to Commodity Futures Contracts and Pre-need Plans.
61. Civil Liability on Account of Insider Trading.
Sec. 62. Limitation of Actions.
Sec. 63. Amount of Damages to be Awarded.
Sec. 64. Cease and Desist Order.
Sec. 65. Substituted Service Upon the Commission.
Sec. 66. Revelation of Information Filed with the Commission.
67. Effect of Action of Commission and Unlawful Representations with
68. Special Accounting Rules.
Sec. 69. Effect on Existing Law.
Sec. 70. Judicial Review of Commission Order.
Sec. 71. Validity of Contracts.
Sec. 72. Rules and Regulations; Effectivity.
Sec. 73. Penalties.
Sec. 74. Transitory Provisions.
Sec. 75. Partial use of Income.
Sec. 76. Repealing Clause.
Sec. 77. Separability Clause
Sec. 78. Effectivity.